Tuesday 28 February 2012

Behind the scenes: photoshoot with Claire Huish

Last weekend, I woke uncharacteristically early for a Saturday and headed over to my favourite shoot location, The Pavilion Hotel, for an editorial shoot with the wonderfully talented Claire Huish. Claire had caught my attention a little while ago after working with my good friend Katie Antoniou, so when she asked if I was interested in styling a colourful shoot inspired by Carmen Miranda, I didn't hesitate.

The shoot began with a rather bumpy start, as the original make up artist we'd booked had to go to A&E with two broken bones in her hand (hope you're feeling better, Madeline!). Fortunately, the lovely Michelle MacGregor stepped in at the last minute and the shoot went swimmingly!














I absolutely loved the eclectic colourful brief, as it allowed me to use pieces by two of my favourite designers - Charlotte Taylor and David Longshaw. Their mind blowingly-beautiful prints were perfectly complimented by incredible shoes by John Brunswick, whimsical headpieces by Her Curious Nature and bold jewellery by Ruby Browning and Disaya. Our lovely model, Jenna from Select, looked incredible and worked these powerful looks like an absolute pro.

I want to say a huge thank you to the amazing team for working so hard and making the shoot so much fun! I also want to thank Iroquois PR, Greene and Sheppard, Kitch and Honey, Sabrina of Her Curious Nature, Jennifer of Ruby Browning and John Brunswick for lending their incredible pieces. They were a true honour to work with.
Come back and see the final pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you think?